22 May '20
May 22, 2020
Jake Lahut May 22, 2020, 8:13 AM
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo sent more than 4,300 recovering coronavirus patients to nursing homes across the Empire State, according to the Associated Press.
- Cuomo’s executive order on the nursing homes — which was intended to free up hospital beds for the most critical COVID-19 patients — was reversed on May 10.
- The New York State Department of Health responded to the AP’s tally by saying they can’t verify it, citing the state’s process of “still validating our own comprehensive survey of nursing homes admission and re-admission data.”
- “It was the single dumbest decision anyone could make if they wanted to kill people,” one New Yorker who lost his 88-year-old father to the virus told the AP.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Crossposted from Business Insider. Read the original article here.